The Sprachforum Heinrich Heine
is an international language institute founded in 1992 by former Heinrich Heine University lecturers.
The school is a member of the FaDaF (Fachverband Deutsch als Fremdsprache e.V., Professional Association of German as a Foreign Language) and is recognized according to the Bundesausbildungsförderungsgesetz (BAföG, Federal Training Assistance Act).
The Sprachforum Heinrich Heine has been licensed to administer the TestDaF examination since 2002 and to offer the telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule examination since 2016.
We are a language school with a high quality standard and an open and friendly atmosphere. People from different countries and cultures come together to learn German, communicate and make friends.
You will feel right at home here and be able to learn successfully, whether you want to go on a language trip, intend to study in Germany or have found a job or place to live in Düsseldorf.
Our language school is located within easy walking distance to Heinrich Heine University. Regular trams run directly to the city center or main railway station.
Our functionally furnished rooms are bright, friendly, spacious and appealing. A pleasant learning atmosphere is important to us.
You can use our kitchenette and lounge during breaks and in your free time.
Our team –
Language lessons are delivered by qualified and experienced teachers who possess both the necessary academic degree and an additional certified qualification in “German as a Foreign Language”. All teachers are native speakers of German.
We place great importance on intercultural and communicative lessons. How else can you learn German as fast as possible?
- From the very first lesson, we only speak German in class, even in A1 beginner level: Don't worry, it works! We systematically expand your vocabulary and grammar knowledge step by step
- Grammar is constantly practiced and playfully exercised
- Vocabulary is not translated but explained in different ways
- The textbook serves as a framework supplemented by many additional materials
- You can verify your learning success with regular interim tests
- The mandatory final exam in the intensive courses guarantees the homogeneity of the teaching groups
We are guided by the latest scientific findings.
Above all, we focus on the goals and needs of our course participants.
Our personal contact with you is very important to us – we always have time to talk with you.
We support you and your learning success during your entire time in our language forum.